Here are five reasons to consider ENERGY STAR-certified products for our homes:
- They say the average American household can reduce its energy use and save over one-third (about $700 per year) on energy bills by using ENERGY STAR products and best practices.
- This one is great, you may be able receive up to $1,500 in tax credit by investing in energy-efficient improvements to your home with ENERGY STAR products. Here’s a link to find out the details specific to you because these rebates vary by products and where you live.
- ENERGY STAR products meet very strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and U.S. Department of Energy.
- Products that earn the ENERGY STAR rating must have the features and performance that we consumers want and need and still offer better energy efficiency.
- Using these products in your home reduces greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants.
- Check out this great ENERGY STAR savings video,. It explains the impact of buying ENERGY STAR very well.
There is such a variety of ENERGY STAR-certified products available for your home such as air conditioners, doors, windows, kitchen appliances, outdoor light fixtures and many more. In fact, you can find thousands of ENERGY STAR® Rated products throughout homedepot.com.
Making my home more green and saving some, too, makes me very happy and makes me feel a little bit better about turning on the air conditioner in this heat.